Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Some days you get the peanuts...

...some days you get the shells. I think today was a shell day.

The smoke detector in my front stairway has been chirping for about a week now. I've replaced the battery twice. Still chirping. Finally I gave up and bought a new smoke alarm today. I took down the old one and was reading the instructions for the new alarm. When I heard a chirp. The old alarm was on my coffee table, sans battery. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. And then I realized....there was another smoke alarm in the front hallway. That I didn't know about.

I still can't believe someone let me be responsible for an entire house.

While I'm on the subject of responsibility....I also need to remember NOT to grocery shop around the first of the month, EVER. I never ran into this problem when I lived in cowtown, but here in the 'hood it's a whole different story.

Today I wasn't feeling well and just had to have ice cream. Since I was out purchasing a new smoke detector anyway, I hoped for a one-stop shopping trip. Wal-Mart looked like the day before a blizzard- literally, a lot of shelves were bare. So I stopped at Price-Rite. Oh man, what a mistake. You would have thought they were giving away food. Good lawd. But the good news is that I'm home, the freezer is stocked with fudge swirl ice cream, and the smoke alarms (all of them) are silent. For now anyway, all is well in Mudville. Or the 'hood.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment