Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Let it snow...

Never thought I would say that! But we're getting a nor'easter tonight and into tomorrow. Nothing major, just enough to be a messy pain. So I have an excuse to stay in tonight with my main man:




We've been parked on the couch for most of the night, and honestly, it's the best night I've had in a long time. We got Chinese food and Mac had a few chicken fingers! Earlier today we made a Target run and he ate a plate of rice and burger before we left. For some reason, he has always done this when we're about to go for a ride: he rushes over to his food bowl and wolfs down whatever's in it. Since he's been sick, I've been using the promise of rides to get him to eat. These days, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Today it did, and I am just so happy he's eating.

Last night I went to a wedding. I'm not ashamed to admit- I totally smuggled out my leftovers for Mac. It was filet mignon, and he ate all of it, well worth my senior citizen tactics. (Not to mention risking the well being and cleanliness of my beloved Gucci bag, which I stuffed the meat into. THAT is true love.)

I also ordered homeopathic meds for him a couple days ago on Amazon. I figured at this point I don't have anything to lose. I bought one for his heart (PetAlive heart and circulation tonic and one for his Cushing's disease (PetAlive cushex drops for pet adrenal health and Cushing's disease).

Last week was so bad, I knew if something didn't change, this week would probably be his last. I don't want to drag this out and make him suffer, but if there's anything that can help him, I want to at least try.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment