Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

34....going on 5

Earlier this week I had a work event. I was a little stressed - it's part of a larger campaign we're doing.

At any rate..my dad was a few miles away for a meeting. He had made chicken corn soup the night before, I've been fighting a bug, and he thought we should try to meet up so he could give me a container of soup.

Fine. In fact, incredibly thoughtful. But our schedules didn't really quite match up. So he told me to leave my car unlocked and he'd leave the soup in my car.

But I forgot. I was stressed and busy and in a hurry. Although I appreciated his good intentions, I was kind of annoyed with the timing. Soup wasn't one of my priorities.

So the event went on. Toward the end, things were winding down. I got paged to the stage.

Guess who showed up at my event with a quart of soup?

When my door was locked, good old dad was afraid to leave the soup on the roof of the car. So he came on in. When I left the event, my dad was out in the lobby, talking to my boss, and holding a quart of soup.

I know I'm really lucky. My dad is quite possibly the nicest man in the world, for real. But I was also completely mortified.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment