Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Glutton for punishment

Yesterday I had my first physical therapy appointment, and it was actually rather pleasant- all they did was hook me up to these electrode things to stimulate circulation. It felt like a massage!



And the physical therapist (my new BFF) took off my bandages so I could scratch my itchy arm...let me tell you, it was like a little bit of heaven!



I'm still staying at my parents' house. I'm very, very blessed to have them, and they have been wonderful about taking care of both me AND Brewster. But...I'm used to having my own space, and they are too- I'm sure I'm cramping their style just as much as they're cramping mine!

I'm going a little bit stir crazy. Not that I have any energy to do anything anyway. There's a guy that I guess you would say I'm talking to. He wants to come visit, maybe get me outta here for a little bit. If I was home in Providence, by myself, this would be a great idea. But here at my parents' house, this is a potential minefield! Not sure what I was thinking when I took him up on his offer. Actually, I do know what I was thinking- I was still in denial, thinking I would be back in Providence by now.

Anyway. The issues with having a gentleman caller visit me at my parents' house are myriad. For starters, my mom is the biggest nosebag I've ever met in my life. When I was in college, she used to "clean my room" every year- the day after I moved back to school. She would go through everything- she even read my diary. (She claimed she just "moved it," but she left it open on my bed. I said she was nosy, not smooth.)

And for some reason, she likes to throw things in my face a bit. I don't think she means to- I think she's just so nosy that she doesn't really stop to think about someone's feelings. She still asks me about guys I dated in high school!

The biggest issue though, is that this guy wasn't supposed to make it off the boo list. There's um, a bit of an age difference. As in he's a bit younger than me. Like 8 years. And when that age difference is 25 vs 33, I think it's a big deal. I really, really don't want to have to explain this to my parents!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment