Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Juice Cleanse, Day 1

So I got the brilliant idea that since Rhode Island got walloped by a snow storm last night, today would be a good day to start a cleanse. (I made it into work, but it's pretty quiet....so I figured since I was laying low, it would be a good time to start.)

Before a storm, most New Englanders stock up on bread and milk...I usually stock up on wine and tortilla chips. (Hey, whatever works.) Yesterday I skipped my usual pre-storm booze run and instead went to Whole Foods to load up on this stuff:


I felt so proud...and healthy. I read up on various cleanses and did some research, and when I found out Whole Foods carries Blueprint cleanses, I was pumped. After reading a bunch of reviews, Blueprint seemed pretty good, and most people claimed they didn't even feel hungry because the juices were filling.

I was skeptical, but had such great intentions.

Ok, maybe not great intentions. I'm trying to de-bloat before a possible date. More about that another time.

The way it works is there are 6 different juices per day. You drink them in order.

Today I started out with this:
Liquid kale and celery. It nearly stopped me in my tracks - I couldn't even finish the bottle...I drank half and skipped to the next one. Fortunately the pineapple/apple/mint was a lot more palatable, but the third course is...more green juice. BIG sad face.

The best thing I can compare it to is surgery prep, when you can only drink liquids. Sure, it's tolerable, but is it pleasant? No. And maybe I'm just a fat kid, but right now I'd be willing to commit a crime for a donut.

Ultimately what's keeping me on track is 1. fear of looking like a fatty on my first date with a new guy and 2. the fact that I spent over $100 on this stuff. Mostly #2 at this point...because after spending that much money on juice, I'm determined not to let it go to waste! Even if it means drinking celery.

No comments:

Post a Comment