Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rainy day fun

It has been raining cats and dogs here all day. I had planned to do yard work, but obviously that didn't happen. So, instead I slept in AND napped. I won't admit how much!

I was also supposed to visit a friend just outside of Boston, but that fell through too. Just one of those days I guess.

So instead now I'm hanging in with this guy:



I'm the first to admit- I'm not much of a cook. At all. But lately I've been trying to branch out a little- I'm trying to eat healthier, and the best way to control what goes into what I'm eating is to just make it myself.

This isn't exactly healthy (although I guess olive oil has some health benefits, right?) but tonight I decided to make aglio olio- olive oil with roasted garlic. I had never roasted garlic before, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was! Definitely something I'll be doing again. And, a nice side benefit is that my house smells amazing. I picked up a nice crusty baguette from a local bakery, plus a chilled glass of my favorite wine (from a vineyard in RI- Sakonnet Vineyards Vidal Blanc)...I am in absolute heaven.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment