Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Burnout

I'm so glad this week is almost over!! This has been one of those weeks where I feel like I'm just getting it from all sides. Work is crazy, friends are crazy, other stuff is crazy...I've reached my limit. The only logical explanation I've got is that there's a full moon.




B looks like a little old man when he sleeps. He's snuffling and snoring next to me right now.

Random pet peeve: when someone cheats at Words With Friends. It infuriates me. I'm a total word nerd- I've got a pretty decent vocabulary. So when someone - who, let's be honest, isn't the sharpest tack in the drawer - keeps throwing down words I've never even heard of....something's shady. It's really freaking annoying me!

Worst part: it's someone who was on the boo list. Was. His appeal was fading, but this totally killed it. Guys who cheat at nerd games totally tick me off. I think it's indicative of larger asshole tendencies. Case in point: the then-boyfriend of one of my college friends cheated at Trivial Pursuit several years ago. On the final, game ending hub question. He told my team we had the wrong answer. We had guessed on the answer, so when he said we were wrong, we didn't know any better. Then we made it into the hub again, and we KNEW we had the right answer. Since we won anyway, he admitted that our previous hub answer was correct as well. I've hated him since. And guess what? I was right- he's not a nice guy. Except now they're married.

Cheating at WWF (and Trivial Pursuit, and whatever else...) is a turnoff for numerous reasons. First, it grosses me out that someone isn't smart enough to hold their own in a stupid word game. I like smart guys who can keep up a witty banter and talk about random nerdy stuff. Someone who's not even smooth enough to cheat at WWF subtly just doesn't cut it. And also- I think there's something to be said for losing gracefully. I've certainly had plenty of practice! We can't win all the time, and you have to be able to take the punches. And be a man about it, for pete's sake! If you're not ok with your shortcomings, don't play the game. But mostly, it just takes the fun out of it. What's the point of playing if you're fixing the game?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment